Does it smack of exaggeration when saying that I am dying to drive and take road trips? No, I really do. This time i’ ll take my fat lady (nick name of my beloved C3 picasso car) and I’ ll drive from Zurich, CH to my home town Thessaloniki, GR, through Munich, Wien, Budapest, Belgrade.
I couldn’t spend too much time on proper preparations (ok, I have to be honest with you, I dislike this messy work before a trip) but definitely i took the eight substantial measures that I should have adopt, at least according to me – before starting such a road trip.
1. Check thoroughly your car – everything has to be in an excellent condition – technical surprises should be 100% avoided
2. Check your insurance and road assistance – has to be valid to all the countries that you will pass by
3. Download the google maps (in case you run out of data)
4. Check your mobile connection – nowadays, roaming is a must
5. Book your accommodation in cozy-comfortable hotels – if there is no too much time available, you have to seek real relax in your night staying, do not accept any discounts on that
6. Check your personal data documents and your bank account cards – again, no need for surprises
7. Have in mind a plan B – you never know …
but most importantly
8. use extreme caution when you pick your travel mate (buddy, partner … whatever). He/she/they have to add value to your trip. Mine, Roula Tsakalaki surely does.
See you soon my friends, I’ ll keep you posted to this adventure. Meanwhile, you may send to me any comments or/and proposals and of course your positive vibes.